“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"- Jesus. Matthew 11:28


February 13, 2015

Vintage style wedding card

Hello everyone!

Excited to show today's creation :). Made a vintage style wedding card for my cousin who is getting married next week. This is for that special couple.

Here's the card:

I said I was excited because, the lace flower you see is hand made. After viewing several videos on how to make lace flowers, I ended up making my own. I've hand stitched the laces on a piece of white cloth at the back. I've also made few more in white which I will share in the upcoming projects.

A closer look at the flower


The pp I've used is from DCWV. . I hand cut the hearts and have embossed with Courture creations trellis embossing folder. The die cut is from Anna Griffin collectables. I really wanted it to include in this card but I ordered it only yesterday. Priya from The craft shop was kind enough to send it immediately. Today I got my package and finished the card. The stamps is from Inkadinkado.



Hope you liked my card :). Please share your opinion about the lace flower:) I'm very eager to do more of them :).

Thank you so much for your visit today and all the lovely comments.
Linking this card with:

Creative Colors Challenge # 29

Pastel Blue * Pastel * Yellow * Pastel Pink 
PLUS - Use design patterns from the inspirational picture !

 

BGC#65 - Mood board + Stamping

 The roses and the laces and the cream colour mainly inspired me. The cream flowers are just awesome!

Eureka Stamps Challenge #127 All is Love

 The Shabby Tea Room Week #245 - 'I {heart} You

Whoopsi Daisy Pretty in Pink Challenge

Challenge#170 Anything Goes at Word Art Wednesday

 

 

 

27 comments:

  1. Oh my
    how sweet and lovely
    love it
    hugs Tamara
    happy Valentines day tommorow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lace flower looks simply gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card Sarah! I loved the lace flower and the vintage look! A very pleasant Wedding Card!! <3
    Hugs,
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely Lovely, sweet stamp and lovely papers and yes your flower is beautiful, you did a great job, isn't it fun learning new things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Sarah, I LOVE this card! You now how to make something beautiful, elegant, and feminine :) Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so shabby and pretty ! Love the use of flower and lace.

    Thanks for playing along with us at BGC !:)
    Hugs
    Shubhra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The lace flower is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, trust me, you could zentangle if I can! After seeing this wonderfully lovely lace flower, I'm sure you can doodle just fine. Always love to see lace & buttons on cards (my other hobby used to be sewing so I enjoy seeing anything from that craft on a card). I hope you'll share pictures of the steps involved in your flower. What an addition to a very pretty vintage card and I'm loving the way you've used that large motif. Something I don't know how to do well. Your newlyweds will love that you took time to make them such a special and beautiful card. Well done! (and glad you are visiting the Playground & playing it forward. That's a great group of people there. Talented & supportive.) Hugs, Happy Valentine's Day & tfs too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah!
    This is such a cute card ! I loved the lace flower and the shabby look! Love embossed floral paper canvas, love the bird stamp... everyone goes so stylish and so elegatnt selected and beautifully combined

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card. And the flower is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The vintage card is beautiful and the little lace flower is very sweet. Good job learning to make it yourself. It complements the entire card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful card Sarah :) I love the soft feel of it :) the lace flowers have come out very well indeed.. btw, even am impressed by the very speedy service of the craftshop :)
    Happy Valentines day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully made card and the lace flower is fabulous!! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "I {heart} you" challenge!
    Diane TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the prettiest handmade card I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card Sarah!! lovely lace flower... awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    What a fabulous card. So nice. Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

    hugs
    Claudia
    DT CCC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very soft and elegant. Love the vintage feel. Thanks for sharing with us at Eureka! Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty card, beautifully done. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps for our All is Love Challenge.
    Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Colors Challenge#29. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Sarah !The lace flower is so pretty and love how you inked around the hearts , really makes them stand out. Your cousin will love it !

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a pretty card! I love your choice of colors, handmade lace flower and the way you have embellish your card.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The lace flower is a great piece of art. on a truly lovely card. Thank you for taking time to share your creations with us at Word Art Wednesday in our 170th challenge. Your art is beautiful. Many BLESSINGS to you and yours,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello and good morning dear Sarah! My, what a beautifully creative card this is, dear friend! I'm sure the recipients will be so touched with the attention to detail and special thought you put into making this!
    Enjoy your crafting and lots of love!
    Oh, and thank you so much for visiting my new little crafting space - I was so blessed by your kind comment:). Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so pretty !!!!! Great to see your work in our mood board challenge this month
    Thanks for playing with us at Beyond Grey Challenges !

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's so lovely. I like soft colours and the lace flower - it's beautiful!
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  26. AW the flowers! I have a weak heart for them! they look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is absolutely beautiful Sarah! It's really a lovely gift in itself. I have only started paper crafts myself and I can tell you that it could well be a new obsession. I look forward to seeing more of your work!
    Linda
    Mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete