“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"- Jesus. Matthew 11:28


July 28, 2014

Shabby chic home layout

Hello everyone!

Hope you had a great weekend. We had guests visiting and some wood work during the weekend. So it was very busy for me. Did this layout some time last week and got it to post today.

The base for this particular layout has an interesting story :), which I will share below. Now take a look at the project

 
 One day I saw my little one painting with "all" the poster colours on the floor.On the other side  my gesso was also used!! (you can imagine how that scene would've been) 
I immediately started cleaning the floor   as the paint spill was really heavy!! Then I suddenly saw him using the gesso on my cardstock! I allowed him to do some painting this time :) And that is the result of this base. Of course I did some more coating but the green you see mixed is by my little fellow:). He some how manages to reach to my craft items. Mommies please give me your suggestions to store the craft items, especially when you are having a toddler.

Now, back to my layout. I then stamped some images and did the tower house separately and stuck it to the layout using 3d tape. Made the lace flowers and hand drew the roof and door. The fences are made of quilling strips. I used DCWV french stack paper for the tower house, which I liked to call a castle :).

Here's another picture

Thanks for visiting today and all your sweet comments.
Linking this with:

Challenge #7 Anything goes with PP, STAMPED IMAGE & EMBELLISHMENTS




17 comments:

  1. Ha Ha loved hearing how your little artist helped you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have smal artist, too, so I know how does it works. :-)
    I like your shabby chic layout and the way you designed it.
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAT must hav been a real scene... seeing all paint n gesso thrown together. U can never really completely succeed at keeping their hands off crafty items, jus be careful of wat is reachable to them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, sweet Sarah. The colors are so soft and feminine - very pretty!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha.. that is so sweet... very nice color... love this.
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colors. Flowers are very pretty in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your soft colored layout.
    Do encourage the little artist in making. Best wishes from Kraftzone Team
    Thanks for joining us at Kraftzone challenge #7

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty layout, Sarah, with gorgeous colours! What a talented little man you have to be able to create such a stunning background for his mum! Better watch out he’ll have his own blog soon!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awee thats a cute thing !!! Little ones are always hidden artists i know that for a fact :)
    Thanks for playing with us this fortnight at Beyond Grey Challenges !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Lo by a little budding artist n his Moma !Loved the soft shabby colors n pretty flowers !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so cute....Love the colors....

    The other day you had asked for tamil typing....

    You can either use Google transliteration option

    Google Input Tools online

    or you can download and install a software e-kalappai

    e-kalappai

    Hope this information helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous project. The background will be all the more special because of your little one's input :) Hey! You could give him free reign with your paper and paints and start a new little business with the one off designer papers lol

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah - sorry to be late in getting back for a visit. Loved your story, and am loving this project! I can imagine your dismay at seeing all your colors in use on the floor and probably adding some fantastic decorations to the surface. But your little one is showing his creativity, and that's a fantastic background. At least he has a good eye for color! Tell him he did a lovely job on this piece. Maybe if you have his own little space, tell him these are 'his supplies' and depending on his age, you could both work at the same time. That way he might know to not 'get into' Mommy's supplies, but just use his own. (then again, the forbidden is always more fun). I guess this is just part of the growing up process, and between you, you've created a very special & pretty card. Those colors are very attractive. I like the striations of color in that background!!! TFS the card & the story. Enjoy him while he's small, too soon he'll be a teenager, and not want to craft with Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling collaborative effort!
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. LO is nice Sarah. Soft colors with soft hands... ;) Your kiddo done good job. Thanks for playing along with Kraftzone challenge #7. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. He obviously wants to be just like his Mum ! The background is terrific and your flowers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty. Love the colors and lace! Thanks for joining us at BGC.

    ReplyDelete